10 Wheelbarrow Lane • Wantagh, NY 11793
516-279-0954 • firstname.lastname@example.org
EXECUTIVE / DESKTOP SUPPORT ANALYST • INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER
• Increase capabilities and productivity, optimally aligning technology with unique business needs.
• Create stable and seamless solutions, determining optimal products, integrations, and configurations.
• Bridge gaps between business and technology, translating complex concepts to diverse audiences.
• Complete concurrent projects on-time and within budget, spearheading planning and execution.
• Enable users to reap all benefits technology has to offer, providing superior training and support.
VICOM STAFFING, Melville, NY • 2008 – 2010
Field Services Technician – Capital One Bank (Contract Position) Provide 2nd and 3rd level desktop and laptop support for New York Metropolitan area; includes encryption with Pointsec and Utimaco SafeGuard Easy. Administer HP Service Manager as ticketing system, and Remedy as request and asset management system. Coordinate all computer and Blackberry setups, distribution, and training. Perform laptop and desktop repairs and replacements. Served as expert resource and solution provider for complex problems with various applications including email, VPN, MS Office, and connectivity between various domains.
• Built +500 laptops for Bank North user community in just over 2 years.
• Coordinated building, imaging, distribution, setup, and training for laptop users both manually and remotely for 4 separate segments totaling 140 users: Bank Branch Managers, Capital One Financial Analysts, Facilities Service Engineers, and Litigation Support.
• Completed complex laptop retrieval, resetting, re-encrypting, and remote training for 85 financial analysts within strict 2-week time period mandated by law.
• Led team of 2 engineers and 2 facilities managers in successfully training 15 facilities service engineers in 1 week, many of whom had limited computer experience and English as 2nd language.
• Minimized password lockouts and calls to helpdesk, creating web-based e-learning solution.
• Unhindered stalled project to relocate financial analysts’ email from Bank North Exchange servers to COF Exchange servers, assuming control of project; completed on-time.
ALLIED WORLDWIDE, New York, NY • 2007
Desktop Support Technician – Burberry USA (Contract Position) Delivered 2nd and 3rd level support for all levels of user community spanning from store level to executives for retail firm with +60 stores in US; utilized HP Openview. Setup new users in Active Directory, Exchange, and 3com NBX VoIP phone system.
• Recorded, distributed, and implemented new store hours messages via VoIP system for all +60 stores with voice-over professional over holiday season; 1st time achievement for all stores at once.
• Built Windows 2003 servers within 100% compliance with corporate standards.
TOYS ‘R’ US, Wayne, NJ • 1988 – 2007
Oversaw and coordinated implementation of major corporate initiatives aimed at improving ability of staff and executives at corporate headquarters to use wide variety of software applications and hardware platforms. Provided 2nd and 3rd level support for all levels at national office and distribution centers; included MS Office, FrontPage, Internet Explorer, Websphere, and Crystal Reports, and specialized applications such as ATS for Risk Management, Bloomberg for Finance, Tactician for Real Estate, and IManage for Legal. Imaged various machines. Created software distribution packages using WinInstall, Wise, and SMS. Facilitated both individual and classroom training. Performed moves, add, and changes for diverse technologies within corporation.
• Established corporate browser and standard applications for entire corporation; conducted complete assessment for corporate, regions, and stores, and recommended Internet Explorer and MS Office.
• Led development of diverse multimedia presentations for Executive Committee, MIS, and Real Estate segments; included Adobe Premier, Macromedia Director, Sony Soundforge, Caligari TruSpace, and Corel Draw, involved presentation, animation, 3D animation, and video, audio, and photo editing.
• Directed 5 technicians in upgrade of national office from Windows 95/98 to Windows 2000 for +2,000 users; reduced number of support calls dramatically, and provided improved application control.
• Pioneered IT Demonstration Center; optimized users’ ability to test new technology, build rapport between business and IT communities, and see how technology can improve productivity.
• Minimized distribution time and related costs, utilizing automated software management tools in preparation and roll-out of applications with Wise, SMS, and WinInstall.
• Acted as primary trainer for individual and group sessions on variety of applications including MS Office, FrontPage, Internet Explorer, and CorelDraw; developed all training materials.
• Eliminated need to purchase additional PCs, and provided new application accessibility for all directors’ Macs, implementing Citrix to support critical business applications; certified functionality.
• Repaired numerous servers’ hardware on multiple platforms such as Dell, Compaq, and DEC, with applications such as MS Office, Citrix, Oracle, Adobe Acrobat, Bloomberg, and HTML editors.
• Managed and certified applications for operations within TRU environment; later packaged them for software distribution.
ADDITIONAL PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE
JJF WEB DESIGNS & COMPUTER SERVICES, NY & NJ • 1986 – Present
Web Designer & Computer Technician
• Pioneered, grew, and sustained successful sole-proprietorship, cultivating loyal and lasting customer and referral bases.
• Maintain 2 web servers for web hosting (Linux & Windows 2003); includes creating users in IIS, Active Directory, and Plesk.
• Design and maintain websites for diverse clients; includes ecommerce (Clickcart Pro & PayPal), e-learning (Captivate 3), and Flash.
• Identify user requirements, and purchase, maintain, and upgrade client desktops and laptops.
• Created and populated internal Wiki for corporate client.
Bachelor of Business Administration: Minor in Computer Science William Paterson University, Wayne, NJ
Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP)
Operating Systems: Windows (2000, XP, 7) • Citrix • MAC OS X
Packaging & Distribution: WiseInstaller • SMS • WinInstall • Norton Ghost (8, 10, 11, 14, 15)
Client Tools: MS Office • FrontPage • Oracle • Websphere • Crystal Reports • ODBC Settings
Adobe Web Suite (Dreamweaver, Flash, Fireworks) • Lotus Smart Suite (123, Word Pro, Freelance) • VPN (Microsoft, Cisco, Cisco Quick VPN) • IManage • ATS • Tactician • Corel Draw • Hyperion
Miscellaneous: Hardware Repair • Remote Control • Software Instruction • Encryption